Better financial visibility brings better results
Why you need a Bookkeeper…
Bookkeeping Services We Offer
We become a part of your team, providing valuable live insight into your business. We:
- process day to day transactions, recording them in Xero accounting software, using proper accounting methods. Allowing for, among other things, financial reporting, cash flow forecasting and managing debtors/creditors
- keep track of paperwork – Sales, Purchases, Payments and Receipts
- work with you to make sense of your numbers, for example, assigning costs to specific clients, completing cost analysis, and budget forecasting
- complete VAT returns and
- ensure your compliance work is done and submitted on time.
This means you will always have an up to date snapshot of where your business is financially, allowing business-critical decisions to be made. We also monitor for any potential “issues” that may arise in future, so you can concentrate on running your business knowing the day to day finances are being carefully monitored regularly by us.
What is the difference between a Bookkeeper and an Accountant?
Bookkeeping is defined as the accurate recording of financial data. Accountants interpret and report on that data for year-end and tax planning. Bookkeepers lay the groundwork for Accountants, providing the data that is essential to the performance of their role.
Why CJ Bookkeeping Services?
The first thing we do is to schedule time to get to know you and your business and listen to your needs so we can build a close business partnership with you and become part of your team. This allows us to understand your business and provide advice on ways to improve efficiency.
CJ Bookkeeping provides a comprehensive, vital business service using Xero, cloud-based, accounting software to allow both you and us access to your financial data securely, online from anywhere. This means we can share reports and the financial status of your business making us best placed to answer any questions you have about your income and expenditure.
This allows you to concentrate on running your business.
For a bookkeeper
who will bring you improved LIVE financial visibility and keep you aware of what’s happening in your business,
call CJ Bookkeeping Ltd.
Bringing business into focus
Got a question?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to outsource my bookkeeping?
As a business owner, you are undoubtedly busy running and growing your business and it is unlikely you would have the resources to dedicate to proper accounting, and it can quickly become a burden (and costly if you miss compliance deadlines).
Outsourcing your bookkeeping to experts, like us, gives you the peace of mind that the heart of your business is ticking away healthily whilst you concentrate on running and growing your business. We ensure you have all the financial data at your fingertips for when you need to make those business-critical decisions.
How does your service work – how do I get my paperwork to you?
We collaborate via the accounting software and various integrations which allow all the required data to be transferred between the business owner and bookkeeper. We can talk through this in detail as to how it all works and how we can make it specific to your business.
What are the benefits of an online accounting system?
- Enables collaboration between the business owner and accounting professionals = no need to extract sensitive financial data and send by email/post. Everyone can work on the same data at the same time.
- Information is stored on the cloud so there are no worries of losing data if your computer crashes.
- Real-time accounting data.
- Accounts are accessible to you regardless of where you are – all you need is internet access. You could be on iPad on the beach, on your Apple watch or laptop at home!
- No requirement for storing boxes of invoices & receipts – it’s all stored digitally within the accounts system
- HMRC are requiring more data to be filed digitally – MTD VAT for example and real-time filing of payroll which means manual systems will no longer be acceptable as a way to manage business accounts.
I have an accountant – do I still need a bookkeeper?
Refer to the definition of a bookkeeper – we provide the data that accountants use to do their job, whether that be the tax planning, business growth planning and filing year-end accounts – it all comes from the data we have worked on throughout the year. You need to be confident that its accurate, so accountants prefer to work with bookkeepers.